Shooter Flash spotlights bitesize brilliance with one winning story each month, which we publish online and trumpet on social media.
As the magazine asks for prose of more than 2,000 words, Shooter Flash offers an opportunity to writers who work on a smaller canvas. We welcome stories up to 1,000 words long on a rolling basis, any theme/genre, and the winning story each month will win £50 as well as publication on the second Monday of each month. Winning stories will also be published in an annual anthology that will be sent to all of Shooter’s subscribers.
To submit, please read the following guidelines:
- Send stories 1.5 or double spaced as .doc or .docx files to email@example.com.
- Include identifying information (name and brief third-person biography) in the body of the email rather than on the story itself.
- The author’s bio should be ready for use as it will be posted at the end of the winning story. Feel free to include any links to author website or social media.
- Stories must be no longer than 1,000 words excluding title.
- Entry fee of £3.50 per story (via PayPal link below).
- Stories may be submitted at any time as submissions are open on a rolling basis.
- Stories can be previously published or unpublished, and writers may submit multiple stories for consideration.
- Stories submitted during a calendar month will be considered for publication the next month.
- The winning story will be posted on Shooter’s website on the second Monday of each month.
- The winning writer will receive the £50 prize following publication online.
- The winning writer assigns Shooter the right to publish their story on Shooter’s website and in the annual flash anthology, and to quote from the work across social media platforms.
To enter, please send the fee via the PayPal link below before submitting your story/stories:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We can’t wait to start reading your work – good luck!